Indoor Pool Rules
Indoor Aquatic Center Rules
- Lifeguards do not replace parental supervision.
- Lifeguard decisions are final.
- Tight-fitting PLASTIC PANTS are REQUIRED on all children age 2 and under. Plastic pants are for sale at the front desk for $2.00.
- Children 6 and under MUST have someone 15 years old or older within arms reach of them at ALL TIMES.
- Only US Coast Guard approved lifejackets are allowed when child is within arms reach of someone touching the bottom. No other flotation devices are allowed including but not limited to water wings, flotation swimsuits, rafts, etc.
- There is NO food or drink allowed in the pool area. Please keep food and drinks in the lobby area.
- Water in plastic water bottles is permitted.
- No glass, gum, tobacco, alcohol or coolers.
- No street shoes allowed in the pool.
- All swimming patrons entering the water MUST be wearing a swim suit.
- Diving in specified areas only.
- No running or rough play in the hallways, shower rooms, or pool area.
- No water guns.
- Lockers are available in the lobby, please bring your own lock. No locks may be left on overnight. The Le Mars YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please do not leave personal belongings in the pool area or changing rooms.
- Shower before entering the pool area.
- Only soft toys are allowed in the pool area.
- Never distract the lifeguards unless assistance is needed.
- Swimmers must be at least 16 years old to use lap swim equipment (ex: fins, kickboards, etc).
- Slide exits into 6 feet of water. All sliders MUST be able to swim.
- One person on the slide at a time.
- No floatation devices allowed on slide.
- No catching at the bottom of slide.
- Feet first on your back only, no flipping.
Splash Pad Rules
- Parents are required to watch their children while using the Splash Pad.
- Splash Pad will not be turned on during group swim lessons, water fitness class or swim team